The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB Registration Form e-Pin is required to register for the 2019 UTME. If you do not have the e-pin, no approved CBT registration centre will agreed to process your form. On the other hand, before you can pay for your UTME e-pin, you must get a profile code. You can’t make payment for the e-pin without a profile code.
This write-up will give you the step by step procedure on how to get your e-pin to enable you register for 2019 UTME. Here are the full steps that would be required by all 2019 JAMB applicants, before commencing registration at any Accredited Computer Based Test Centre;
How to Get JAMB’s e-PINs
1. Each candidate must be registered with one mobile phone. The phone number used to create the profile code is automatically tied to the Candidate’s name and will be used in all communications related to his/her 2019 Application/Examination.
2. Candidate sends his/her name [Surname, First Name & Middle Name (if any)] by text message (SMS) to 55019. This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all. (ex. John Mercy Adams)
3. A Profile Code is received by the candidate on the phone number provided during the registration (in step 1 above)
4. The candidate presents the Profile Code at the point of procurement of form (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, USSD Partners). The JAMB form ePIN is then sent as text message to the candidate cell phone number.
5. The candidate is expected to bring their ePIN to any acrredited JAMB CBT Centre for registration.
Update: Please know that the sales of JAMB form for 2019/2020 will commenced on Thursday, 10th January, 2019. Therefore, all the applicants are advised to wait for the official announcement before commencing their registration.
More details will be provided on 10th January, to confirm whether or not the above procedures have been finalized.