Are you seeking for an admission into the National Open University of Nigeria? You want to know NOUN Admission Requirements? Here are the requirements for undergraduate & Postgraduate programme, as well as the steps on how to process the admission.
NOUN Undergraduate Requirements
To gain admission into the undergraduate programmes of the university, you are required to have five (5) credits in the WAEC/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings, obtained in subjects which are relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
NOUN Postgraduate Requirements
Graduates from recognized universities are admitted into the Postgraduate programmes of the university and must have an upper credit level pass at HND or its equivalent area of studies.
Candidates applying for Master’s Degree, are to have relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the University of Nigeria with at least credit level passes, or first degrees scores of 50% or above.
Prospective candidates applying for Doctorate Degree (Ph.D), prospective students must have obtained a masters degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study with a minimum of 3.50 grade point.
How to Apply for NOUN Admission
Application for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is done online. The steps to a successful process are as follows:
1. Purchase NOUN Application Form in any branch of the participating Banks.
– Applying for any Undergraduate Programmes which will costs you the sum of N5,000.00.
– N7,500.00 is the price for Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) Programmes application forms.
– While the doctorate Degree or Ph.D programmes application form is sold for the sum of N10, 000.00 in any of the banks specified by the school.
2. On payment of fees, you will obtain a Teller from the bank for NOUN Admission.
3. Collect the APPLICATION PIN CODE for your form from the Bank.
4. Next, Go to NOUN Portal: http://www.noun.edu.ng with a web browser.
– Click on ‘Application for Admission’ Link
– Check the application portal home page, click on ‘Sign Up Here’ to register.
– On the sign up page, enter Your Application Form PIN Number, Choose Your Study Center, Choose Your Programme Category, Enter your Surname, Other names, Email, Phone Number and your User Name and Password (Note: Email is important for you to receive notifications from the University) Click on “Click here to Signup” button
– After signing up, you will be redirected to the login page. On the login page, enter your user name and the password you used to sign-up above and click on the loginbutton and move to Applicant Control Center.
– From the Applicant Control Center, upload a passport. Passport should not be more than 150kb and only .gif, .png and .jpg file formats are allowed.
– On completion of your passport upload, click on the “Fill Application Form button”at the left side of the page and fill the forms with your details.
NOUN Admission Form Guidelines
Here are the guidelines in filling the National Open University of Nigeria Admission forms for a hitch-free process:
1. Select the school you are applying for.
2. Select the programme of your choice.
3.If you’re applying for direct entry select “yes” and the level.
4.Fill all your personal information
5.Click on “Next Page >>”.
On the next page:
1.Fill your O’LEVEL WAEC/NECO/NABTEB/TCII result (first and second if applicable)
2.If applying for Direct Entry or Post Graduate Programmes, fill post-secondary qualification information.
– If applying for Nursing, fill the Registered Nurse Qualification information.
3.Fill other details if applicable and move to next page.
On Page 3:
1.Fill your two recent work experience if applicable
2.Check the “I agree” box
3.Click the “Click here to Apply” button to submit and wait for the result of your application
NOUN portal offers instant admission on submission. On completion of form submission, the portal go through the information you submitted and grant admission if you are eligible.
If you are not admitted, you can start all over again or choose another programme based on your qualification.
Read also: How to Check Glo Data Balance