University of Lagos (UNILAG) Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) is now selling the forms for admission into its Part-time Degree Programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session. UNILAG ICE Part-time Admission Form Is On. Below is procedures on how to apply and courses they offer.
The information reaching us now is that the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) 2018/19 academic session admission exercise is on.
The Institute of Continuing Education in collaboration with the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into it various programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
UNILAG Institute of Continuing Education Available Programmes
A. FACULTY OF ARTS:
- Creative Arts (Theatre Arts/Music/Visual Arts)
- European Languages (French/Russian)
- History & Strategic Studies
- Linguistics, African and Asian Studies (Igbo/Yoruba)
B. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- Mass Communication
- Social Work
UNILAG ICE Part-Time Admission Form Entry Requirements
DEPARTMENTAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PROGRAMMES IN THE FACULTY OF ARTS
- CREATIVE ARTS: 5 ’O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, Literature and two other subjects.
- EUROPEAN LANGUAGES & INTEGRATION STUDIES: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics and three Arts subjects.
- ENGLISH: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, Literature, one Arts subject and one Arts or Social Science subject.
- HISTORY & STRATEGIC STUDIES: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, History or Government, one Arts and any other subject.
- LINGUISTICS, AFRICAN & ASIAN STUDIES: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, Yoruba/Igbo and two other subjects.
- PHILOSOPHY: 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English, Mathematics, one Arts (Government is regarded as an Arts subject) and two other subjects.
The following Arts Subjects are acceptable: History, Literature, French, CRS/IRS, Civic Education and any Nigerian Language
DEPARTMENTAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROGRAMMES IN THE FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
A. MASS COMMUNICATION
5 Year Programme
Five (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English and two (2) other subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
4 Year Programme
Diploma in Mass Communication from the University of Lagos or other accredited Universities recognized by the Senate of the University of Lagos with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 and above on a 5 point scale. Candidates must also fulfill the ‘O’ Level requirements in paragraph 3.
3 Year Programme
HND in Mass Communication from accredited Polytechnics and Monotechnics with a minimum of lower credit and 2- years Post HND experience. Candidates must be registered members of relevant Regulatory Agencies and or Professional Bodies such as APCON, NIPR, NUJ, etc and must satisfy the’O’ Level requirements in paragraph 3.
5 Year Programme
Five ‘O’ Level credits in English Language, Mathematics, and in two subjects such as Economics, Government, Civic Education/Social Studies or Geography and one Arts subject such as Literature-in-English, CRS/IRK, Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa or History at not more than two sittings.
4 Year Programme
Diploma in Social Development and Administration (SDA) from the University of Lagos or Foundation Programme of the University of Lagos, or Diploma from other accredited Universities recognized by the Senate of the University of Lagos with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 1.5 and above. Candidates must fulfilled the ‘O’ Level requirements in paragraph 3.
C. SOCIAL WORK
The requirements for this programme are the same for the B.Sc Sociology.
How to Apply for UNILAG Part-Time Admission
Application forms are obtainable online via University of Lagos website URL http://www.unilag.edu.ng using ATM/Cash/Dedicated Teller obtainable upon payment of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15, 000.00) into any commercial Bank within the main Campus using the Treasury Single Account (TSA) via Remita Platform.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS AND ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS
Completed application forms should be submitted online and a hard copy with colur print should be submitted to the Faculty of Arts Programme Office Room 634, the Departments of Mass Communication, Sociology and Social Work Programme Offices.
Entrance examinations for the programmes which will be in English Language and General Knowledge are as scheduled below:
All Mobile users should take note of this: Scroll to the side to view all the contents in the table below:
|FACULTY/PROGRAMME||VENUE||DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM||EXAMINATION DATE|
|FACULTY OF ARTS||Arts Block, Room 402||11th October, 2018||12th October, 2018|
|FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES||Afe Babalola Auditorium||11th October, 2018||12th October, 2018|
- Candidates are expected at the examination hall by 9:00am with the colour print of their Application forms.
- Provisional Admission Letters would be ready for collection two weeks after the entrance examination.
- The Programmes run in the evening.
For further information, please call any of the following telephone numbers:
08168686636, 07033912171, 08062468854, 08023599623, 08023388817, 08033745625, 08023338678, 08063925017, 08023312247, 08068918535, 08033047973, 08068918535, 08033486140.
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org