YSU Postgraduate Admission Form. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Yobe State University (YSU) postgraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Authorities of the Yobe State University (YSU) is now selling the application forms for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
YSU Available Postgraduate Courses
FACULTY OF ARTS AND EDUCATION
Department of Arabic
- M.A. and Ph. D. Arabic (Linguistics)
- M.A. and Ph. D. Arabic (Literature)
Department of Education
- M.Ed. and Ph. D. Educational Administration and Planning
- M.Ed. and Ph. D. Educational Psychology
- M.Ed. and Ph. D. Guidance and Counseling
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
Department of Islamic Studies
- M.A. and Ph. D. Islamic Studies (Fiqh and Usui Fiqh)
- M.A. and Ph. D. Islamic Studies (Usuluddeen)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Chemistry
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. (Analytical Chemistry)
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. (Organic Chemistry)
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. (Physical Chemistry)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Geography
- M.Sc. Geography (Specialisation in Population)
- M.Sc. Geography (Specialisation in Rural Development)
- M.Sc. Geography (Specialisation in Climatology)
YSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
1) Master’s Degree
- A First Degree in the relevant subject, with a minimum of Second Class Honours, of the Yobe State University or any other University recognized by the Senate of this University.
- Any other qualification, together with relevant experience which is deemed to be acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate Studies and the Senate of the Yobe State University.
2) Doctor of Philosophy Degree
- A Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with ‘B’ Average Grade, from any University recognized by the Senate of Yobe State University, Damaturu.
- A First Degree in the relevant subject of the Yobe State University or any other University recognised by the Senate of this University.
- HND or HND with any other recognized professional qualification in the relevant/related subject with a minimum of Lower Credit.
Steps On How to Apply for YSU Postgraduate Admission
STEP i) Application Forms are obtainable Online @ pgschool.ysu.edu.ng on payment of N 7,500.00 for the purchase of Scratch Card at ZENITH BANK, PLC into this Account Number- 1015396870
STEP ii) The sales of Scratch Card for Online Application begins on Monday, 17th September, 2018 and closes on Friday, 26thOctober,
STEP iii) Guidelines for Filling of Postgraduate Application Form:
- The Applicant should provide all information sought in the Application Form. Application with incomplete information shall not be treated as valid.
- Proposed Programme including area of specialization (if any) should be clearly stated.
- Applicants should ensure that their Official Transcripts of Academic Records are forwarded to the School of Postgraduate Studies in earnest. Applications without Official Transcripts of Academic Records shall not be processed.
- A candidate can apply for admission to only one (1) Degree or Diploma Programme at any given time.
Duly completed Online Application Forms should reach the School of Postgraduate Studies, on or before Wednesday, 31st October, 2018.